Make the most of your Rutgers experience.


Where to get academic advice at Rutgers depends on the school student is attending and the major the student has declared.

The academic programs of Rutgers University-New Brunswick serve the academic needs of adult and nontraditional students who seek opportunities to earn a college degree and continue their professional and personal development.

The programs and services of University College enable students to avail themselves of the rich academic resources offered in a comprehensive public research university. UC endeavors to foster an intimate learning environment to promote academic excellence in undergraduate education for adult and nontraditional students.

  • School 61- UCNB Students: Those students who remained with the UC curriculum may still be advised by UC. Contact Betsy Feliciano-Berrios: All nontraditional students are welcome to visit our offices for student services information and to learn more about the programs available specifically for them.
  • University College offers advising for students enrolled in one of the Professional Schools degree programs (School of Management and Labor Relations BS degree program or Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning & Public Policy BS degree programs).  Please visit the Professionals Schools page for academic related services and support.

Preadmission Advising for Adult/Nontraditional Students

Nontraditional students often have questions about the college they will attend, whether it is right for them academically and financially. For preadmission advice, ask the University College: