Sgt. Maj. Anthony Spadaro, 49, who continues his active duty service after twenty-seven years, has made his “virtual” way back after three decades.
University College Community: Rutgers' hub for undergraduate adult/nontraditional students.
The University College Community (UCC) was created to support adult and nontraditional students enrolled in undergraduate courses on the Rutgers, New Brunswick Campus. UCC is committed to helping students achieve their academic goals.
UCC is not a degree granting school but we help students complete their degree here at Rutgers, providing services such as academic advising, navigating the various services and balancing the demands of non-academic responsibilities.
UCC advocates for nontraditional students inside the larger Rutgers University community by recommending policies and programs to meet specific needs of nontraditional students.
As the primary advocate for nontraditional students, UCC:
- responds to the needs of busy adults with jobs, families, and other personal responsibilities that may conflict with traditional college experiences.
- provides nontraditional students direct access to the rich academic resources of Rutgers.
- fosters a learning environment to promote excellence in undergraduate education.
- offers support services at times that are convenient for nontraditional students.
- delivers academic and administrative services for the new direct admit degree programs for adult learners offered by the School of Management and Labor Relations (SMLR) and the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning & Public Policy (EJB).
UCC publishes a newsletter during the spring and fall semesters. Along with being informative and providing important registration dates, the newsletter features students’ stories that share their successes and their challenges at school. Why not share your story with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know...?
Rutgers has over 2,507 coded adult/nontraditional students on the New Brunswick campus for fall 2013.
There are 1,269 students coded as veterans or using veterans education benefits.